Monday, November 13, 2006

Because Narrative Structure Would Be Far Too Ambitious

1. My mama is here helping us pack up the house. There's not much I can say about that except for PRAISE THE LORD, OH PRAISE HIM.

2. Friday afternoon David walked into our bathroom and noticed that something had, um, backed up into the shower. As it turns out, that something was the septic tank.

LUCKY US!

It took the better part of an hour to find someone to come check out the very obvious plumbing malfunction, and while I was really hoping to secure the services of the company whose slogan is "We're #1 in the #2 Business," they were apparently so mired down in #2 problems that they couldn't bother to answer the phone.

When I finally found a nice man who was willing to make a service call, he gave us the following diagnosis: the septic pump motor is "burned up" (my response: septic pumps have MOTORS? Who knew?).

He's repairing it in the morning, after he, you know, digs a seven foot hole in our yard.

To the tune of $900.

Which I really can't talk about right now or I'll throw up.

Because I don't know if I've mentioned it or not but we are moving in a couple of weeks.

And the moving has a tendency to get a bit expensive, what with buying another house and all.

LA LA LA LA LA I'M SINGING BECAUSE I'M IN DENIAL LA LA LA LA LA LA.

3. On a happier note, my cousin Paige is in the hospital as I type this, and we should have a brand new family member sometime within the next 24 hours.

YAY!

4. My beloved Mississippi State Bulldogs trounced Loyola Marymount in basketball tonight, and I made the first of what will be many, many mid-game phone calls this season to my friend Daph and my sister. I do LOVE ME SOME BASKETBALL, and there's nothing quite like a slam dunk to make a girl forget about the fact that she has some septic "issues" going on in her backyard.

5. Did anyone catch the preview for next week's "Bachelor" at the end of tonight's show?

Did anyone notice THE SINGLE TEAR from Lorenzo? (Big Mama, I know you did).

I clapped my hands.

6. MSU vs. Arkansas in football this Saturday.

You ready, Shannon?

[she asks, sheepishly]

7. I'll be back tomorrow with more septic-related fun!

And you can only get that here, my friends.

You can only get that here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home