Wednesday, April 12, 2006

We Will Now Return To Our Regularly Scheduled BooMama Programming

Since I have bombarded y'all with Important Social Issues the last couple of days, I'll get you up-to-speed on some of the more run-of-the-mill occurrences 'round these parts.

1. I made a huge grocery run this afternoon because I'm cooking for something at church this weekend and I needed to get all my supplies. The supplies included grits, which started to call my name as I was putting away the groceries and as a result became part of our supper tonight. So here's what I'm wondering: for those of you in other parts of the country, have you ever heard of grits? Have you ever eaten them? And if so, what did you think? I don't know anyone in this neck of the woods who doesn't like them...especially with a little salt, a little butter, and a little cheddar cheese. They are SO good. And no, you cannot eat a singular "grit." One time a friend of my mama's offered a guest from the North some grits, and he replied, "Um, yes - I believe I would like to try one." :-)

2. Bucky's gone! If he and Ace Cannon had both stayed for another week, my AI frustration would've reached an all-time high, I think. Next week is standards - so hopefully we'll finally hear a little old fashioned singing. I don't think Daughtry can possibly manipulate a big band song into his usual alternative angst. Can he?

3. For those of you who are watching The Amazing Race (Merritt), Lake's language tonight - directed at his wife, no less - was HORRIBLE. It bothers me that he's so mean to her and she takes it. On one level it's totally not my business, but on another level they are quite voluntarily putting their relationship "out there." And it bothers me, all the hateful talk.

4. I think Alex and I are going to dye Easter eggs Friday morning...this will be a first for us. I bought a kit like Mama used when I was little, but I haven't dyed eggs in, oh, say, 30 years? I'm a bit out of practice. I'll be sure to post pictures of the big event.

5. BIG NEWS! Guess who's going to see Faith and Tim?!? YEP - BooMama and BooDaddy. David did a little wheelin' and dealin' with our top secret Nashville connection, ;-) and we got the ticket hook-up. The grandparents have been placed on alert for babysitting duties, and we are going to go on a real date, to a real concert, and I'm going to do my best to not stalk the talent, even though Faith probably should, you know, meet me since we're BFF and all. Regardless, I am DELIGHTED that the hubby and I will get to have a fun night out.

6. I realize that I've been a little wound up over the last 48 hours. You can blame Oprah. And here's to hoping that she doesn't tackle health insurance costs next, or I may have to launch a march on Washington. ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home