Tuesday, April 11, 2006

On A Completely Different, Much More Shallow Note

USA Today tells me this morning that tonight is Queen night on American Idol.

I am distressed by three pieces of information which I will now share:

1) Taylor Hicks will be singing "Crazy Little Thing Called Love," my least favorite Queen song. Why does he keep picking these boring melodies? I think "Somebody to Love" would be so much better for him. I bet McPhee does that one.

2) Ace Young (who I still want to call "Ace Cannon," for some reason) will be singing "We Will Rock You." Just picture that in your mind's eye for a second. You're just a little bit horrified, aren't you?

3) Kellie Dawn Pickler will be singing "Bohemian Rhapsody," my favorite Queen song, and I think we can all see that this particular performance has "TRAIN WRECK" written all over it.

How in the world will Bucky fit into the picture this week? By singing "Another One Bites the Dust"?

I have a feeling that we're in for another "yo, it was just 'aight' for me, dog" week.

Update: I just got a little deeper into the newspaper, and I discovered the other song choices:
Bucky - "Fat Bottomed Girls" - um, okay
Chris - "Innuendo"
Elliott - "Somebody to Love" - EXCELLENT choice for him
McPhee - "Who Wants to Live Forever"
Paris - "The Show Must Go On"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home