Sunday, April 09, 2006

Important Information Regarding Your BooMama Subscription

In an incident completely unrelated to abandoning my child in time out, Saturday's Living Beyond Yourself post was #200 for the BooMama website.

I decided to check out my old posts because you know that's what we "webmasters" do on our "websites," we check things. Anyway, I did some counting, and I have been blogging for approximately nineteen weeks. Yes, that's all. I realize that it feels more like nineteen eternities, but for all intents and purposes it's been about 5 months total. So I did some more math because I'm a total nerd, and on average I write a little over 10 posts a week.

I feel that we can come to several conclusions based on this information:

1) It is painfully obvious that David and I have absolutely no social life aside from the occasional church function. If you wonder how I manage to post almost every single day, I offer you three words: WE'RE ALWAYS HOME. But we like it that way.

2) I can flat crank out some writing product. You might even call me prolific if the stuff I wrote was, you know, good.

3) Considering that the cost of said writing product is for you, the reader, approximately nothing, I think it's safe to say that you've gotten your money's worth. I could shut this puppy down tomorrow and none of us would be any worse for the financial wear.

4) This blog would not exist without television, naptime and bedtime, the three critical components of my writing. If you had any idea how many blog entries have been thrown together while Alex watched an episode of "Blue's Clues" or a Veggie Tales DVD, you would understand how #2 is possible. Give me 30 minutes, and I'll give you, well, something. It might not be entertaining, but it'll be something, and I'm sure that makes you feel real special.

5) I have obviously enjoyed blogging. Maybe too much.

So for "old" time's sake, here are the posts that have resulted in the most email / phone calls / embarrassing public readings (Elise!) from y'all (but not necessarily the most comments - it took y'all a little while to catch on to that part). Please realize that when I say "most" I mean more than zero and less than five, because I'm not kidding about the "read by tens of people" deal. And I know it may be a little early to walk down BooMama memory lane, but I really don't have anything else to say, and this will keep y'all busy for awhile. Selfless as always!

The One With The Shotgun Wedding
The One With The Fish
The One With The Bora Bora
The One With The Laundry
The Ones With My Friends

Thanks for reading. Love y'all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home