Thursday, July 27, 2006

Tour Of Homes Update

I've been a little conflicted, honestly, about whether or not to do this whole Tour of Homes deal. I've thought about re-scheduling it, or moving it to another blog, or just cancelling it altogether. It hasn't exactly been at the forefront of my mind over the last few days.

But I woke up this morning thinking that we should definitely proceed as planned. I think it'll be fun. And truthfully, I could use a light-hearted diversion right about now.

Since I've been a little out of pocket over the last week and a half, I have many, many emails requesting "the code" that I haven't answered. But here's the good news: you don't need "the code" to participate - you only need it if you want to put a button in your sidebar. And it's real sweet and all if you do, but at this point, you don't even need to bother. Just stop by tomorrow and jump on board.

So, first thing in the morning, here's what will happen.

When I post my pictures - which I'll do sometime after midnight - there will be a Mr. Linky thingy at the bottom of my post. That's where you'll enter in your name and the URL of YOUR post (the specific Tour of Homes post - not just your general blog URL). Once you do that, you will be officially "on the tour" - and people can stop by here, click on your link, and go straight to your beeee-yoooo-tee-ful pictures.

And if you don't get your pictures up tomorrow, no big deal. Just come by Saturday and add your link. I don't think that ANY of us will get through all of the posts tomorrow unless we have hired babysitters or called in sick to work, so if you add your link a little later, people will still find you.

Remember, this is a GREAT chance for people who might not have read your blog before to get acquainted with you, so try, as much as you can, to leave comments on the sites that you visit. After all the sprucing up that people have been doing :-), I'm sure they'd like to know that someone has actually looked at their pictures. So let's make de-lurking the order of the bloggy tour day.

Finally, please be patient with me as I make my way around to everyone's Tour Of Homes posts. I will get there - I promise - but I'm at my parents' house right now, and, well, dial-up. The Southern girl in me has been SO conflicted about not visiting blogs lately, about reading all of your sweet comments and not having an opportunity to comment in return. So please know that I have read every email and every single comment, and I will be doing the same tomorrow. It just may take me awhile because of my techno-limitations.

I think that covers everything - you can go back and look at my original Tour Of Homes post if you don't remember what pictures you're supposed to use.

See y'all tomorrow - bright and early!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home