Wednesday, August 09, 2006

WFMW - Easiest Casserole Ever

Okay. This recipe is seriously the easiest thing in the world, and it's versatile, too. I know some men can be "iffy" about a casserole, but my husband - and all of my friends' husbands - love this one.

Shrimp and Wild Rice Casserole

2 boxes Uncle Ben's Original Long Grain and Wild Rice, cooked according to package directions
1 1/2 pounds small or medium shrimp - you can use fresh (peeled, deveined) or frozen (thawed)
2 cups sharp cheddar cheese - I usually buy the blocks and run them through the grater in the food processor, but pre-shredded will work fine
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
2 tablespoons Worcestershire
dash of hot sauce

Mix it all together - put it in a greased 9 x 13 casserole dish - and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

It makes a ton - and it works as a side dish (great with beef), a main dish, or - my favorite - reheated in a skillet and used for quesadillas the next day. Our three year old likes it - and it doesn't even have Cheetos in it! Or peanut butter! :-)

A casserole that's fast, easy and even better the 2nd day? That most definitely works for me.

For more great WFMW ideas, go see Shannon at Rocks In My Dryer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home