Wednesday, November 15, 2006

The Hits Just Keep On Coming

You know what TOTALLY ROCKS?

When the people who are buying your house are coming for their inspection at the exact same time that the inner-workings of your septic tank are exposed for all the world to see!

Or smell, as it were!

I'm trying not to panic.

But the not panicking is harder than you might think.

You see, our repairman was supposed to be here at 8:30 yesterday morning, but he didn't get here until 4:30 in the afternoon. And then he said that he didn't have enough daylight to do anything but dig the hole.

Which made perfect sense to me SEEING AS HOW HE WAS EIGHT HOURS LATE.

And then this morning the heavens opened up and poured down the rain and as a result, no work was done.

So when David called the repairman this afternoon to see if he'd be here tomorrow morning, Septic Man (who is actually very kind) asked if there was any water in the hole that he dug yesterday.

David calmly replied that why, yes, strangely enough, there was a good bit of water in the massive pit.

Septic Man said, "Hmmmmm. That's not good."

LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LET'S SING THE DENIAL SONG LA LA LA LA LA LA

Because here's a funny story. And a true story, too: I'm not nearly as worried about the rainwater in that hole as I am by ALL THE OTHER DELIGHTS that are creating such a pleasing array of olfactory sensations when I step into our backyard.

Anyway. Our realtor has assured us that the buyers are really laid-back and very relieved that we're taking care of the repairs.

But we'll see what the inspector thinks.

By the way, just typing that last sentence made me sick at my stomach.

Maybe I should let the buyers know that I have a blog with the initals "BM," and really the whole septic tank thing is just part of a themed home-buying experience.

OH lordy.

Pray for me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Ivy Peck said...

Loved reading this tthanks

1/17/2022 12:40:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home