Wednesday, April 19, 2006

I DO Have A Laid-Back Side. I Promise.

Heather tagged everyone in our LBY study group to do a list of 10 simple pleasures in our lives. Making this list is surprisingly easy for me, because remember: WE ARE ALWAYS HOME. So our entire existence is essentially a combination of simple pleasures peppered by my weirdness...a veritable carnival-o-fun for all involved. But with no clowns. There are never, ever clowns at my carnivals-o-fun.

That being said, I give you "10 Simple Things I Enjoy."

(Alternate title: "'Cause I'm Chill Like That")

1. Hearing Alex laugh. When he gets really tickled at something and goes into the belly laugh, my heart explodes just a little bit.

2. Driving in the car by myself, with the music of my choosing playing loudly as I sing along.

3. Taking a long, hot shower after a hard day's work in the house or in the yard. David's laughing at the "in the yard" part, because I've worked in the yard approximately twice since Alex was born. But I do work in the house a lot.

4. Praying with Alex, especially when he has "add-ons" after we say, "Amen." It usually goes like this: "Oh, wait! Thank you for blueberries. In Jesus' Name! Amen! Oh, wait! Thank you for friends. In Jesus' Name! Amen! Oh, hold on, Mama. Thank you for..."

5. Laughing at the most random line in a TV show or movie, and realizing that David is laughing, too, and knowing that we're probably the only two people in the world who think that particular thing is funny, and that is why we're married.

6. COOKING!

7. Reading a book that I can't put down, and when I have to put it down, all I can think about is picking it up again.

8. Singing in church. I'm SO not a singer, y'all, but I love to make a joyful noise. It's not always joyful to those around me, however, because as I mentioned, I'm not a very strong singer.

9. Taking naps with Alex in the afternoons.

10. Having a rare night or weekend alone with David. The toddler is awesome and all, but I crave and need those times when it's just the two of us.

Are you surprised by the almost complete absence of sarcasm?

I am. :-)

Let me know some of your favorite simple things in the comments. And if you have a blog, consider yourself tagged.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home