Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Another Day, Another Meme

Carol tagged me for this short little meme....

What is your favorite word? Based on this blog, it's apparently either "just" or "really." I seem to like those two words more than the rest. :-)

What is your least favorite word? "Religious." Not a fan.
And for what it’s worth, I also really dislike the word "spore."

What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
Creatively – writing for my blog. I’ve written more in the last six months than I have since college, and this time I actually, you know, enjoy the writing. I wonder if David regrets encouraging me to write again, because let's face it: I've gone waaay past "hobby" with this blog thing. I believe a more appropriate word would be "obsession."

Spiritually - I love me a sermon series or a Bible study presented by a wise teacher - learning really gets me going. Music does, too...on Sunday mornings, the music definitely prepares my heart for the teaching that follows.

Emotionally - Unexpected sweetness pretty much melts my heart.

What turns you off? Arrogance – in any shape or form.

What is your favorite curse word? OH this is a very different answer than it would have been 10 years ago (I came away from graduate school with a big ole case of potty mouth). So it is a great victory for me to be able to tell you that my favorite curse word is “dadgumit.” The South, you know. I also say, “oh have mercy” about 45 times a day.

What sound or noise do you love? I love hearing Alex talk to himself before he falls asleep. And I also love to hear what he says when he first walks downstairs in the mornings...every single day, he seems surprised that his daddy and I are still there: “OH! HEY MAMA! HEY DADDY! DID YA SLEEP GOOD? CAN I HAVE WAFFLE WITH SYRUP? PLEEEEEEEASE?”

And I typed that in all caps because the child talks in all caps. All caps, all the time.

What sound or noise do you hate? The sound a knife and fork make when they rub against each other. Also, the imagined sound of someone chewing on tinfoil makes me shudder.

What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Christian counselor.

What profession would you not like to do? Anything involving the analysis of numbers would drive. me. slowly. insane.

If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? “Hey, sweet girl* – I’ve been waiting on you all your life. And you can find the TiVo room down the hall on your right, right past the chocolate fountain and the bottomless diet Coke spigot. Enjoy!”

I'm tagging anyone who needs a meme because they're fresh out of stuff to write about. ;-)

* - and it's not that I'm so sweet. AT ALL. It's that He's God. And I just think He would say "sweet girl," because He's personal like that. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home