Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Important Question Requiring Your Deep Thought And Insight

Alex is in quite the "Finding Nemo" phase...he wants to watch it every night before he goes to bed, and he talks about it first thing every morning. He especially loves the part where Nemo disobeys his daddy and swims out past the drop-off - inevitably Alex looks at me with great seriousness in his eyes and says, "Mama. Nemo touched the boat. Nemo gets time out. He's disobedient, Mama."

And at that moment, at least inside my head, I high-five myself, just a little bit.

Anyway, David and I are in the midst of an ongoing debate regarding the end of the movie. I'm hoping that the internet can resolve it.

Here is the issue:

In the final scenes of the movie, what exactly is the nature of the relationship between the daddy, Marlin, and Dory, the fish who helped him to find Nemo?

The first time I asked David this question, he looked at me like I had horns growing out of my head and said, "They're FRIENDS."

But I am a woman, and with women relationships are rarely, if ever, that simple. Especially when single people are involved.

I personally believe that Marlin and Dory may be, well, dating.

Here's why.

When Marlin and Dory are trapped inside the whale, Dory tells Marlin she never wants to forget what it's like to be with him, because being with him feels like home. Those aren't "just friends" words, people.

Then, when Nemo goes back to school towards the end of the movie, Dory is there when Mr. Ray picks him up, and she says, "See you after school, Nemo!" Which implies that she's around a lot.

I'm just sayin'.

Two single fish...both funny...bonded together by adventure...sounds like a recipe for love, if you ask me.

p.s. - Yes. Insane. Yes. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home