Tuesday, July 11, 2006

I Would Call This Post "The Best Of," But That Implies Something Was Good To Begin With

Since some of y'all haven't been reading my blog very long, this (and by "this" I mean "this day when I have had not one original or creative thought") seems like an excellent opportunity to familiarize you with the history behind what I like to think is some astoundingly average writing here at BooMama.

And since a few of you have emailed me with questions (by the way, do you have any idea how many emails I've gotten in the last week with the word "pickle" in the subject line?), or you've asked me questions in the comments, or you've made some suggestions that, while oh-so-very-kind and appreciated, are way outside the realm of possibility, I want to take time to answer them since I am a good Southern girl and all.

So in order to address all those things, let's step back into the archives, why don't we? It'll be a win / win for everyone: a trip down memory lane for those of you who have been reading here for awhile (okay - maybe not a total win for y'all)...a chance to get up-to-speed for those of you who haven't been here very long...and an embarrassingly easy cop-out for me writing-wise.

Fun for all!

Or, you know, not.

"Where did you get the name BooMama?"

Well, it all goes back to our time in south Louisiana....

"I'd buy a book if you wrote it." (Most encouraging comment ever, by the way.)

Well, that's real sweet and all, but since I have no imagination at all, it's not gonna happen. It would be painfully bad and people would laugh at me, as you will see after reading this.

"How do you find time to post so often?"

It helps when you only have one child and no social life whatsoever.

"Why don't you ever use your real name?"

My real name isn't common. My husband's name and my child's name are. I can use their names without giving too much away. But my name? Not so much. So it seems that the best way to protect our privacy at least a little bit is to keep my name off of this blog.

And then, of course, there's the secret stuff that I don't talk about here.

The bottom line is that I try to be specific enough on the blog that it's readable, but not so specific that I give away too many identifying details, especially in regard to some ministry work that I do. I'm just more comfortable that way. And I think it's the right thing to do for my family.

"Why don't you post more pictures of yourself?"

Um, read that last paragraph.

"Why does your tagline say 'Read by tens of people each and every day'?"

Because for the longest time, it was true. It was probably took three months for my Site Meter to climb over 1,000 visitors.

Plus, it's an oddly comforting phrase to me - it reminds me of how many bloggity doors God has opened since last November. But if you have another suggestion, let me know.

"What's your favorite post?"

Okay, no one really asked me that, but I needed a way to wrap up this post.

So I'll go ahead and answer anyway:

Why, yes, I do.

A couple, in fact.

:-)

See y'all later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home