Sunday, July 09, 2006

Now I've Said My ABC Meme

I was tagged by Chappyswife for this meme...

Accent: Y'all. Do I even have to answer that? Or AIN-sur thay-at?

Bible Book that I like: Ephesians. Why? Because I like me some Paul. But Paul wouldn't want me to focus on him. So I guess I should say that I like the way God speaks through Paul. And I love the encouraging instruction for The Church.

Chore I don't care for: Cleaning the bathrooms

Dog or Cat: Dog

Essential Electronics: Computer and cell phone (and the TiVo! I forgot the TiVo!)

Favorite Movie: Ocean's Eleven - I know that's pretty lame, but if I'm going to see a movie, I'm not terribly interested in An Important Message. I also like Coal Miner's Daughter, Anchorman, Sixteen Candles, and anything featuring the lovely Ms. Julia Roberts as a romantic heroine.

Gold or Silver: Silver

Handbag I Carry Most Often: I have this big bronze hobo bag that is seemingly bottomless when I'm looking for my phone or my keys.

Insomnia: Yes. Thank you for asking.

Job Title: Servant - and I don't mean that sarcastically at all. I really believe that my job is to serve my family, serve my friends, and serve my community by being obedient to God's calling on my life.

Kids: 1 boy - 3 years old

Living Arrangements: We live in a Suburban McHouse that's a little off the beaten path but close enough to everywhere we need to be.

Most Memorable Moment: Being pregnant. LOVED IT. Seriously. And the end result wasn't so bad, either. :-)

Naughtiest Childhood Behavior: Probably the time Mama was driving down the road and I decided to throw the gearshift into neutral. She wasn't happy.

Overnight Hospital Stays: For strep in the 12th grade, and then when I had Alex.

Phobias: Larvae / cocoon stages of anything. EWWWWWWW.

Quote: "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliott

Religion: I don't like the word "religion." Not even a little. But I am a born-again believer in Jesus Christ, the Son of God. Just so we're all clear and everything.

Siblings: I have an older sister and an older brother, who comment here frequently and SHOULD have blogs of their own because oh, the tales they could tell....

Time I Wake Up: As late as Alex allows.

Unusual Talent: Sister and Stacy made up what they called "Bizarro Language" when they were teenagers. I'm fluent in it. Can say or sing anything in Bizarro and freak you out as a result. Or "frarok yaro arot," as it were.

Vegetable I Refuse to Eat: Radishes

Worst Habit: Procrastination. Once I get going on a project, I'm totally OCD, but if I don't think I can do an EXCELLENT job at something, I put it off.

X-rays: Lots. I'm as clumsy as the day is long. With the most recent incident being this one.

Yummy Stuff I Cook: David likes my homemade macaroni and cheese and country fried steak the best. I think homemade chocolate pudding is the best thing I make - it's my Mamaw Davis' recipe. My pork tenderloin is pretty tasty, too.

Zoo Animal I Like Most: Does the carousel count?

And I tag Melanie, Melissa, and Paulette. And whoever else wants to do this. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home