Friday, July 28, 2006

That Seemed To Go Pretty Well, Don't You Think?

When we were in Savannah a couple of weeks ago, Addie asked me if the initial response to the Tour of Homes had overwhelmed me. I told her that yes, it did a little bit - but that it had surprised me more than anything else. I think I've mentioned before that I was thinking sixteen, MAYBE seventeen people might participate. Twenty if the wind was blowing just right.

Good thing I don't make a living off of predictions. I sort of stink at them, obviously. And today's response has blown me away. Thank y'all so much for sharing your homes with all of us!

Honestly, part of the reason I wanted to do this is because I was hoping to drive some traffic to other blogs - just as other bloggers have done for me - and it sounds like my crafty scheme may have just worked. I was excited that I was able to get to more blogs than I anticipated, even using Daddy's dial-up, but some of you had so many comments that the dial-up totally rebelled when I tried to post a comment from me. It made me smile a little bit every time that happened.

Since I have been away from my own home the last week and a half, when I looked at my blog today and saw the pictures of my house, it honestly made me a little homesick. But I think that's what this whole bloggy deal was about: sharing the things that make our homes so special to us, and also recognizing that regardless of square footage or paint colors or kitchen design, God has blessed each of us with a roof over our heads - a place that we can call home. I'm so grateful for that, and I can tell that y'all are, too.

Earlier this afternoon, Sister suggested - and then I saw that someone else mentioned it in the comments - that we should do a Holiday Tour of Homes next. I think that is a GREAT idea - so I'll keep that on the back burner. Sounds like (the beginnings of) a plan to me.

I'd love to hear your feedback about how today went for you...if it increased your traffic, if you found some blogs you'll be visiting again, if you felt encouraged by seeing more comments than usual. I know that some of you had problems with the Mr. Linky thing, and I have no idea why...but maybe I'll have more practice with it by the time December rolls around.

Thanks again, y'all, for such a great day. I have a LOT of blogs left to visit, so just continue to be patient...and know that if I don't make it by your place this weekend, on Monday I'll be back in my leather chair in the corner of my den, enjoying me some wireless high-speed internet :-) - and making much quicker progress through the linky list.

There really is no place like home, and it's great to know that so many other people feel the same way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home