Wednesday, August 16, 2006

WFMW - 5-Minute Salad

Since several people mentioned that they liked the recipe for the easiest casserole in the free world last week, I thought that this week I'd share a salad recipe that I use a lot. It takes about 5 minutes to put together, and it looks really, really pretty when you serve it.

2 hearts of romaine, chopped coarsely
1/4 cup diced red onion (cut off a quarter of the onion, run it through your vegetable chopper, throw it on the lettuce)
1 cup broccoli florets (buy them in a bag if you're in a pinch time-wise)
2 cans mandarin oranges, chilled and drained (I keep my mandarin oranges in the refrigerator so they're always at the ready)
1 1/2 cups chow mein noodles (I use LaChoy)

(This apparently is the post of Many Parentheses.)

(You don't have to use the parentheses when you make the salad.)

(Ahem.)

Anyway, the colors are beautiful next to each other, and if I'm taking the salad somewhere I'll arrange the oranges and chow mein noodles all pretty-like. :-)

Best of all, this salad is great with any dressing - Ranch, vinaigrette, Italian, etc. - you can use whatever you have on hand.

Works for me!

For more great WFMW ideas, go see Shannon at Rocks In My Dryer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home