Sunday, August 13, 2006

The Afternoon Announcements

1) GiBee at Kisses of Sunshine has started a great new way for all of us to recognize excellence in blogging. If you've ever read a post and thought, "Gosh, that was dead on," or "Oh. I fear I just wet my pants," or "Hmmmm...that was flat-out excellent," then you need to let GiBee know about it. She will periodically be handing out Awards of Excellence, and I think it's a wonderful idea because 1) it's encouraging, just as GiBee is and 2) it can spotlight some lesser-known blogs that have great content.

So the next time you run across an outstanding post or a great blog in general, let GiBee know about it. The guidelines for the awards are on her blog.

And even if you don't have a nomination, stop by GiBee's anyway - she's a hoot. :-)

2) Because it's never too early to start planning for Christmas, and because it's so burning up hot that it does me some good to think about cold weather, I want to let y'all know that the BooMama Holiday Tour of Homes will be Friday, December 15, 2006. I still have to do a sidebar button (I don't think that it's necessary to have one yet since it's, you know, AUGUST and all), but I know that we women like to plan ahead and get things penciled in on our calendars and allot plenty of time for the task at hand. So you have a little over four months to get ready. I think that should be fair warning. :-)

Also, if you have any suggestions for what pictures we can feature this time, please let me know...I think the tree is pretty much a given, but I'm open to whatever suggestions you might have.

And I'll go ahead and put this bit-o-information out there: please pretty please don't use my humble little blog to generate traffic to yours unless you're a person who sincerely wants to participate by sharing your home with us.

3) It occurred to me today that we are getting very, very close to football season. And that I've never blogged during football season before. And that I may drive you crazy with all my talk of football because I. LOVE. IT. Are any of you college football fans, perchance? And if you are, what's your favorite team?

Me? My favorite team?

Go 'Dogs. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home