Monday, August 21, 2006

What I Did On My Summer Blogcation

Hello, how are you, I bought you a blouse.*

First of all I should probably come clean and tell you that I didn't TOTALLY unplug. I read some things. Some blogs. Several blogs. Okay, I read many, many blogs. But I didn't comment. Except on Jeana's. Because NOT commenting on this post of Jeana's would have been like hearing a preacher totally get after it and then leaving him hanging without a single "amen." So I commented. ONCE.

(By the way, one day I'm going to grow up and be all smart like Jeana. And I will offer my opinions convincingly and intelligently and y'all will be all "oooooh" and "SNAP." But until that happens, I'll just keep talking about catfish and bacon and poo. Every blogger has her niche, you know.)

So, other than my brief comment at Jeana's, I didn't put any pressure on myself to "interact" with people - I just enjoyed what I was reading. And, as a result, I was able to read a whole bunch of stuff over the course of about 45 minutes, which I think is a pretty, you know, normal amount of time to spend on the computer every evening. Because the interweb hours that I've been logging lately? A little bit more than 45 minutes a night.

And then! You won't believe it!

I actually TURNED OFF the computer when I watched television, and I didn't write anything at all for 24 hours. That might not seem like much to you, but for me it's a record as of late - if I don't write SOMETHING every day I start to feel all fuzzy in the head. I even talked on the phone (Robin, are you proud?) and cleaned like crazy and washed clothes and made many, many PlayDoh creations with the little man. And I got the house back to the point where it feels like a home for our family instead of a repository for wayward toys.

So the break, it was good.

I even made up with the voicemail.

Leave me messages! Leave me many messages! And I will listen!

More later today....

*Do you know the movie? If you're family or Todd, I KNOW you do - so let the other bloggy friends guess. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home