Wednesday, November 01, 2006

It Was A Cliffhanger And I Had No Idea

So to answer your questions about what Alex saw in our dining room when he ran downstairs screaming in the middle of the night:

Absolutely Nothing.

He said the next morning that he had a dream about monster cows and puppy dogs eating grass, and I don't know if that's what had him so spooked or not...but he's been a little weirded out by the whole "monster thing" lately, and I have a feeling that he saw my shadow when I walked around the corner from our bedroom and immediately went into monster freak-out mode.

The twisted side of me couldn't help but think of the old "Simpsons" episode where Bart spent the night with the Flanders children and had to sleep in the big clown beds, then was so disturbed by the whole situation that he crawled to the end of the bed and said, "Can't sleep, clown'll eat me" over and over again.

Needless to say, I've opted not to share the Scary Clown Bed story with Alex just yet.

The grass-eating monsters and cows are wreaking enough havoc on his sleep as it is.

In a completely unrelated item, we ate supper at a Mexican place tonight, and in addition to regular salsa they serve some sort of black bean salsa that is quite possibly the most delicious thing I have ever eaten in my whole life ever, and that includes fried chicken.

I can tell that there are black beans (run through the food processor), onions, garlic, and lots of vinegar in the delicious alterna-salsa, as I like to call it...but I don't have any idea what the actual recipe is. Do any of you interweb people have a recipe that you think is similar? Because I would LOVE to make this stuff at home.

Also, we haven't watched TV all week, and even though "all week" is at this point only about four days, I feel that it's some form of record for me and perhaps someone should issue me a Certificate of Achievement.

Anyway, I have several Paula Deen shows, "The Bachelor," "Dancing With The Stars," and three days' worth of "Oprah" waiting for me on TiVo, and while I would love to write more, I think if I don't park myself in front of the television here in the next five minutes I'm going to go into full-blown withdrawal.

With the shakes and everything.

See y'all tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home