Tuesday, January 31, 2006

The Playground: An Emotional Case Study


Contrary to Alex's expression, we were not in fact headed for the Evil Playground of Doom. All I can figure is that in his spare time Alex visits playgrounds with half-made-up clowns and one-armed carnies and children who go to the top of the spiral slide but never. come. down. That's the level of screaming and protest I listened to on our four-minute drive.


But he quickly changed his tune. At this moment, I was the Best Mama In The Whole Universe, the one who provides all the parky / playground fun.


It was only a 30-minute reign. When I told Alex we had to leave, I had to surrender my BMITWU title, for the leaving was so painful that he could scarcely bear the sight of me.


And now I'm the happy one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home