Saturday, January 28, 2006

Saturday Afternoon Post, Larry King Style

These are random. Bear with me.

1. I spent a chunk of the morning reading this blogger. I learned from my reading that she's a Christian. A funny Christian. We need more of 'em. Even though her views might not necessarily match up with mine and her topics might not necessarily be proclaimed from the pulpit in your local house of worship, oh, she does amuse me. But, if reading a bit of foul language causes you to go into a Tourette-ish tirade OR if it creates a "stumbling block" in your Christian walk, then I implore you: just don't look at her web page. Even though she's got a way with them thar words, her writing might not be for you. And that is O-KAY.

So now that the disclaimers are out of the way (WHEW)...

I feel a certain kinship with her because of her sarcasm and because she waited until her honeymoon to have, ahem, "relations." I think some of y'all will also relate to her pre-marital chastity (among other things) and some of you can pretend to relate to it, JUST LIKE YOU DID IN COLLEGE.

Oh, don't be so sensitive. I kid because I love.

She was also dooced, which should be a reminder to us all to never, ever discuss an employer on the interweb...odds are it won't work out well. However, I couldn't help but think - as I read her story of losing her job and then eventually deciding to stay home with her little girl - that losing that job was probably the best thing that ever happened to her. God often has creative ways of getting us from Point A to Point B...and I'm sure she would appreciate my insights into her life since we're such, you know, STRANGERS.

2. I saw the list of the Top 5 songs in the country this morning, and y'all, I couldn't hum a single one of them if you had a gun to my head. However, I'm hoping it won't come to that. Here's the list, by the way:

Check On It - Beyonce Featuring Slim Thug
Grillz - Nelly Featuring Paul Wall, Ali & Gipp
Run It! - Chris Brown
Be Without You - Mary J. Blige
Stickwitu - The Pussycat Dolls

Feeling sufficiently out of touch now? Except for you, Elise. I bet you know every single one of these songs and sing them loudly in the car with your boys. 'Cause you're hip like that.

3. If you are not watching Drew Lachey on Dancing With The Stars every week, you are doing a huge disservice to yourself and to your family. OH MY WORD the young man is a hard worker, what with mastering the paso doble, jive, and quick step. Now all I'm waiting for is the obligatory People magazine feature story with the following headline: "98 Degrees - and SMOKIN'."

4. For those of you who went to college with me: do you remember that time we were waiting to go into supper and I was imitating some cheerleading move that involved me bending my leg back toward my behind and then hitting that foot with the opposite hand, but I somehow hit it at a weird angle and jammed my finger really, really badly and then Wendi and Marion had to take me to the Student Health Center? I hadn't thought about that in years...but I got very tickled when I remembered it the other night.

5. My baseboards are screaming at me to PUT THAT VACUUM BRUSH ATTACHMENT TO SOME USE, ALREADY.

6. If I only had to hear four words for the rest of my life, "I love you, Mama" would get my vote. Second place goes to "I'll clean for you" with "I'll cook for you" coming in a close third.

7. David got the '06 version of iLife yesterday, and I find myself intrigued. By a computer program! Seriously! It has a feature called iWeb that enables you to design your own blog and then post it to the internet, and I plan to investigate. My biggest complaint about this current BooMama format is that I really need for it to do more. As the posts increase, I need a way to file them, sort them, manage them, etc., and I can see how two or three months down the line it's going to be a little unruly. Also, since I've added Sister's FAVORITE part, the recipes deal, that creates an even greater need for alphabetizing, filing and whatnot. I'd love to have a page just for Boo stuff so that those of you who are understandably nauseated by the volumes of information about him can skip it altogether. So we'll see. If there's one thing I've learned about web stuff, it's that I love me and need me a template, so the whole iWeb thing will be a moot point if it's anything other than mind-numbingly simple.

8. The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that this is one of my best ideas ever.

9. If you people don't start commenting, I am going to scream. So here's a little commenting update. I initially started the HaloScan commenting to "make it easier," but since that time I've realized that I can make it just as easy with the Blogger commenting set-up PLUS there won't be any ads. Anyway, you'll probably see a change in that regard...and I'm pretty sure that, in the switchover, I'll lose all the previous comments. But since only about 4 of you have bothered to SPEAK UP, I think we'll all live through the transition.

10. As soon as Alex wakes up from his nap, we're heading to Walmart - which means I'll have LOADS of stories for y'all when I come home.

Happy Saturday, y'all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home