Sunday, February 26, 2006

He's Pretty High On My List, Too

This morning Alex and I were sitting on the bed watching Blue's Clues, and he tilted his head, looked me straight in the eyes, said, "Mama, you're my favorite," and then he threw his arms around my neck and buried his head beneath my chin.

And I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure that my heart exploded right there on the spot.

I should probably point out that he didn't specify what kind of favorite I am - favorite mama? favorite friend? favorite co-watcher of Blue's Clues? favorite person wearing a blue shirt? favorite person sitting on the bed? - but the whole thing is much sweeter if I pretend that he meant Favorite. Period.

Think he's in the next room telling his daddy the same thing right now?

Probably. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home