Friday, May 19, 2006

Time, Time, Time - See What's Become Of Me

Bev tagged me to write about a few things that help me manage my time. At first I laughed a little bit because I can be a total procrastinator and some days waste time as if I were trying to win some form of Time Wasting Competition (that would be a terribly original name for such a contest, wouldn't it?).

But there are several things I do around here that make life easier and more efficient.

1. I keep one of those dry erase board calendars on my refrigerator. Every month I take Alex's Mother's Day Out calendar and list everything on my calendar...due dates, picture days, birthday parties, etc. I list everything that we have going on at church, everything D. and I have happening, and bascially put our entire month's schedule on there. It keeps me sane.

2. I catch up on phone calls when I'm sitting in traffic. There's been all kinds of construction on the road that leads to our house, and inevitably I'll pick A. up from Mother's Day Out and end up sitting in traffic for 30 minutes trying to get up the mountain. It's a great time to return calls, check in on friends, etc., especially considering that Alex is typically sound asleep in the backseat within five minutes of picking him up.

And yes, I'm very, very careful when I use the phone in the car. I hold the phone at the 10 and 2 position, plus I dial and hang up with the same foot - none of that two footed dialing in my car. No ma'am.

3. I make my grocery list in order of the aisles in the store [now I'm ducking so that I'm not hit by the objects y'all are hurling at your computer screens]. But it helps me so much...time is of the essence when grocery shopping with a toddler who considers it his life's mission to become close, personal friends with all the Publix customers and employees.

Now that I've written this post, it feels a little like the Works For Me Wednesday that Shannon does, so just consider it Works For Me Wednesday, two days late - which is very much in keeping with my procrastinatory* tendencies - as well as Time Management 101, which is what Bev asked me to do in the fist place. Killing two birds with one stone, if you will. Though I'm certainly not advocating the stoning of birds.

*And I totally just made up that word. At first I thought it really was a word, then I realized no, no it isn't, but I'm leaving it because it's my blog and I can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home