Sunday, June 04, 2006

Desperately Seeking Summer Entertainment Solutions

1. What in the sam hill are y'all watching on TV right now? Would you tell me, please? Because now that "24" is over, I got nothin', I tell you - NOTHIN'. Last night I watched two episodes of "House Hunters," and I thought, "Oh, has it come to that again? Where I'm TiVo'ing things off of HGTV?" Surely there's some decent summer programming that I have yet to discover. Surely?

2. What about DVD's? What's worth my time? Since I've only seen about four movies in the last three years, the odds are pretty good that I won't have seen anything you recommend. Let me put it this way: I haven't seen The Notebook. That's how behind I am on movies. So what would make for some good summertime viewing?

3. And furthermore and on top of that, I'm in a bit of a musical drought, too. Anybody have a suggestion for a good CD? I'm partial to contemporary Christian, but I'm open to pretty much anything as long as it does not involve rap or polka.

4. Topic change. Our prospective new senior pastor will be preaching next Sunday, and today we got a DVD that introduces him to our congregation on a more in-depth level. If you are bored out of your mind, to the point that you want to watch a video about a prospective pastor at a church that (most of) you have never visited, you can see it all here. And you know what I'm seeing in this guy that I'm really responding to? HUMILITY. I'm a fan of quiet confidence - and I see a ton of it in David Platt.

5. We start potty training tomorrow. I should probably say that Alex starts potty training tomorrow, because I am in fact potty trained. And the potty training actually has nothing to do with the topic of this post, because I don't think there's one aspect of it that will qualify as "summer entertainment." Summer torture, maybe? Anyway, I have no idea what I'm doing...I figure I'll just put A. in some big boy underwear and follow him around with a bucket all day. So, um, any tips that you have? I COVET them (is that bad to say that I covet since I just got home from church and all?). Pray for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home