Thursday, June 01, 2006

Insert Obligatory Song Title About Memphis Here

We're in Memphis right now, here to celebrate my nephew's 8th birthday. I had high hopes of Alex conking out in the car and sleeping for at least three hours of our four hour drive, but instead he opted for the 20 minute catnap and talked. the. whole. way.

And he talked about the same four topics: his cousins. Memphis. Finding Nemo. And his Aunt Janie. Though I love my child with everything in me, I don't know when I've ever been so happy to reach a destination.

I would also like to point out that it is 9:24 and my brother has still not finished grilling the chicken that he put on the grill at 7:15. He says that it's because the chicken breasts are the size of turkeys. Personally I think we should squirt a little lighter fluid on those coals and char those yardbirds but good, but I've relinquished my chef's hat for the evening. And my brother is quite the grill chef, so I guess he knows whereof he speaks. Worst case scenario: the chicken will be a delicious lunch tomorrow.

There's never a dull moment in this neck of the woods - so there should much bloggity goodness to follow (my brother is what we Southerners refer to as "a character" - he keeps things lively, and he keeps me laughing).

Have a good night, everybody!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home