Friday, June 09, 2006

What Is This Thing They Call BooMama?

Okay. I was trying to register my blog with Christian Women Online, and I got to the part where I had to write a description of my blog.

And, um, well.

I had no idea what to say.

I mean, I keep reading posts where people say that a blog should have a mission statement, and I'm beginning to think that I have no bloggy purpose. At least as far as an "official statement" goes.

Because "Read by tens of people..." is not exactly a description. Neither is the stuff from the "About Me" section of the sidebar.

So I tried. I really did. I got as far as "A Southern wife and mama who loves the Lord, loves to write, and loves to laugh" - but I think that's sort of, well, lame. There's no personality in that...I was SO hoping to use the phrase "wacky shenanigans." :-)

And I know that the people at CWO aren't going to be judging my blurb and ranking it on a scale of 1-10. But I'm OCD, you know, and I want whatever I write down to be accurate, and true, and a real reflection of what goes on in this little corner of the interweb.

So.

I'm curious.

If you blog, do you have a mission statement? Or a purpose statement? Or even a clear description in your head?

'Cause I'm clueless. And feeling sort of stupid.

Because I don't know if you know it or not, but I actually write this thing.

And if you want to write my blog description for me, I'll be eternally grateful.

Is that cheating?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home