Wednesday, February 01, 2006

This and That

1. Fun fact: I don't like to write out the month "February." I'm one of the 12 people in the US who still writes in cursive, and I don't like the way the cursive "b" and the cursive "r" connect. Just thought I'd share.

2. David is completely humiliated by the fact that I TiVo Starting Over. If you don't know what that is, look here. I have long shunned soap operas and their ilk, but we've established that I'm a sucker for reality television, and that's the part of SO that intrigues me, the "real people" angle. David would contend that they're not "real people," they're "real actresses," but I choose to believe their stories because I'm optimistic like that. Last night I had yesterday's episode on in the kitchen while I was cooking, and when David walked in the kitchen and heard someone discussing "finding [her] authentic self," he just turned right back around and walked out. He despises it. But I don't like Lost. So there [sticks out tongue].

3. This verse has really encouraged me this week, in the midst of Lots of Junk:

"Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another - and all the more as you see the Day approaching." Hebrews 10:23-25

Thanks, KWoo, for the reminder.

4. For you State grads, this is an interesting article about the MSU Presidential search. And by the way, Sid Salter has a blog, too.

5. Today is National Signing Day, wherein the media will celebrate legions of overrated players, many of whom believe all their own press and never live up to their potential, much less all the hype.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home