Monday, May 01, 2006

I Could Pretend Like There's A Point, But That Would Be A Lie

You may have noticed that I have a new banner at the top of my page. Well, actually, how could you not notice, because it’s GINORMOUS, which wasn’t my intention, but it was late when I figured out how to replace the old one, and yes, there is still some tweaking to do.

First among the tweaking: making it waaay smaller.

I’ve been suffering from a little blog restlessness the last couple of weeks…I’m tired of looking at the same green page, finding myself wanting a little blue or brown to liven up the proceedings, but I’m too cheap to invest in a re-design when I don’t know that I’m long for the Blogger world anyway. It’s the same feeling I get when the furniture has been the same way in my house for more than about three months – I need to shake it up a bit, move some stuff around, re-accessorize my surroundings. I actually purchased a domain name last week (never felt more like a goob than I did in that moment) so that this summer, hopefully, I can move away from Blogger and have a little more flexibility.
I like options.

Anyway, I owe Addie a big hug and a nice dinner after her email tutorial on how to swap out the banner on my page. She pointed me to this site, and while the instructions aren’t totally comprehensive (check out the comments, too, as Addie told me to do), they’re a mighty big help indeed. The new banner is the first time I’ve ever played around with Photoshop (yes, I know what my husband does for a living, and yes, I get the irony), so hopefully I’ll get better at it the more I practice.

ANYWAY, this morning I hardly knew what to do with myself given that there was no child – with stuffed monkey and stuffed frog in tow, of course – coming down the stairs, proclaiming for all the world to hear, “MAMA! Did ya sleep good? Wanna see Noggin? Want waffles with syrup?”

As a result, I went outside? And took pictures? Of my porch? Is that what one does in lieu of making waffles with syrup? Is that proper no-child-at-home protocol?


While I was away this past weekend David worked in the yard and filled up my pots on the front porch. He also mowed, edged, mulched, and weeded, which definitely sets an incredibly high standard for what I should do during my own alone time tonight and tomorrow.


I kinda feel like I need to add on to the deck or something. But I’ve decided that I’m going to confine my activities to the indoors (imagine that)...do some good, thorough cleaning, get everything like I like it, and then concentrate on the serious business of relaxing, watching TV, and, well, blogging.

More exciting updates to follow!

I'll be sure to let you know when I'm about to go to Walmart!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home