Wednesday, June 28, 2006

I've Created A Tee-Tee'ing, Chocolate Eating Monster

People who know me in real life (I always feel weird when I say that because it implies that blogging is some sort of fake life, which of course it isn't) will tell you that I have about a 24 hour window for staying at home. I always find that a solid day at home leaves me feeling rejuvenated and ready to conquer the world, but more than that and I start to go a little stir crazy. I start thinking too much, analyzing too much, wondering what "the normal people" are doing at those places where you can shop and eat and work and talk to other adults. I start to feel isolated.

I have been home for over 48 hours now. You must trust me when I tell you that ain't pretty. Because I have lost all perspective and have turned into a crazy woman. A crazy woman armed with a container of Clorox wipes, frantically wiping the commode after every use. Because let's just say that the little man likes to quite literally get in touch with his porcelain surroundings when he uses the bathroom.

It is the potty training that's kept us at home. Necessity, not choice. I've determined that one reason Alex struggled the last couple of weeks is because we were on the go a lot, so I figured it might do him some good to stay put for a few days.

Find his potty groove, if you will.

And it seems to have worked. He has not had an accident all day today - and has pretty much run around unclothed because he wants to use the potty every 2.4 minutes. He has had tons - TONS - of chocolate, but that's okay because I figure we can pay for the dental bills with all the money we're saving on diapers.

Just look how everything works out!

*fake smile*

So I'm going to turn off this computer and go in search of a better mood. And tomorrow we are GOING SOMEWHERE, dadgumit, come tee-tee or high water. Or high tee-tee, heaven forbid.

OH MY SWEET GOODNESS there's no turning back, is there?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home