Monday, June 26, 2006

Oh My Word We're Home

I bet you hate that you missed hearing Alex yell say some variation of "I DON'T WANNA GO HOME; I DON'T WANNA GO TO MY HOUSE" throughout our 2 1/2 hour drive this afternoon, huh?

It was LOTS of fun.

Apparently staying with grandparents and having Coke and pancakes for breakfast agrees with him. He doesn't mind the pound cake for lunch, either. Or having an aunt and cousin around the corner who want nothing more than to take him swimming every single day. Or staying up so late that I'm embarrassed to tell y'all a specific hour.

But suffice it to say: laaaaate.

So the toddler was not at all excited about returning to The Land of Boredom, Home of Ye Olden Routine, though he did get a good bit better once he saw his daddy and had an "OH YEAH - that guy! I LIKE that guy!" moment.

Anyway, now I have laundry to do and phone calls to return and blogs to read (oh my sweet goodness at the blog reading - I need two days of solitude just to catch up). And a Bible study post to write. And a husband who hasn't seen his family in about five days.

See y'all tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home