Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Works For Me Wednesday

Last night Alex was starting to wind down a little. He grabbed a basket full of books, hopped up on the couch, and began to thumb through some of his favorites. And as he was "reading," he started to sing to himself:

"See the world / sail the seas / climb the mountains if you please / God put it there / So you could see / The wonder of His love!"

Seriously? One of my sweetest mama moments yet.

And where did he learn this song? At church?

Nope. In the car.

Now I know that it gets OLD listening to kids' songs. Sometimes I have to take a one-day break from Veggie Tales because I feel like I can't take the song-stylings of a high-pitched cucumber for one more minute. But it dawned on me last night that it really is so worth it - because Alex is absorbing truths about God. That's always a good thing. Plus, the songs keep him occupied during a trip...he is perfectly content to sit in the back, and look through books, and sing to his heart's content.

And I keep a "Mama back-up" on hand, too - a mixed CD with fun arrangements of old hymns. He loves Selah's version of "Deep, Way Down Deep," for example - and you must believe me when I tell you that the "Mama back-up" has saved my sanity on more than one occasion.

So a young'un learning about Jesus (from vegetables, no less) during what could be wasted time in the car - it works for me.

For more great Works For Me Wednesday ideas, click here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home