Saturday, June 10, 2006

Prayers Needed

About an hour ago I got a frantic phone call from my sister-in-law, Janie. Janie is always so laid-back and calm that I knew immediately something horrible had happened. Sadly, I was right.

She called to request prayer. Lauren and Norris, two of Janie and Stacy's closest friends, have a weekend place on a river in Arkansas. Their precious little boy, Norris, drowned there today. He was their oldest child - six years old. Just typing that brings tears to my eyes.

Please lift them up in prayer as you feel led. And if you think about it, pray for them in your Sunday School classes and churches tomorrow. They are an adorable, fun-loving family - and I can't even begin to wrap my head around the loss and the grief and the heartache that they're facing right now.

Pray for Janie and Stacy, too - especially that they would have incredible discernment about how to comfort and minister to Lauren and Norris during this horrific time.

I know that there are some fierce prayer warriors who read this blog, and it means so much to be able to put this request before you. Thanks, y'all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home