Thursday, June 29, 2006

Thursday Thirteen

Banner by Kelly

Bev did this for her Thursday Thirteen - and I thought it was such a good idea that I'm borrowing it.

Plus, this whole potty training thing has totally sapped my creativity. :-)

But I won't talk about potty training ANYMORE.

At least not today.

Thirteen Things I'm Thankful For

1. We set the TiVo to record "A Bug's Life" over the weekend. But "Pillow Talk" came on instead. And I would SOOO rather watch Doris Day and Rock Hudson than animated bugs. Have y'all SEEN all those cute stoles and hats that Doris Day wore? I think I want to be her when I grow up.

2. We have air conditioning. That may seem a little trivial, but I'm not taking it forgranted. Because I don't know if you've noticed, but OH MY SWEET MERCY it's hot.

3. We have a fresh 24-pack of diet Coke in the kitchen.

4. Ground chuck is on sale for $1.99 a pound at Publix. THAT NEVER HAPPENS. It makes me want to buy eleventy hundred pounds. But I don't have a deep freeze. Or $2200 to spend on hamburger meat. But still.

5. WIRELESS, HIGH SPEED INTERNET. Let's have a moment of silence in honor of that one, especially given the fact that this past weekend I was bogged down in Daddy's dial-up debacle.

6. When Alex says his prayers at night, he says, "Thank you for Jesus' name. Thank you for Amen." And it makes me want to cry just a little bit.

7. Remember me telling you about Emma Kate and Brad feeling led (by God - not with, you know, a leash) to do a new work in Tupelo? Well, things are movin' and groovin' with that. And one day, in the not-so-distant-future, when I tell y'all all the details, you're not going to believe it. Well, yes you will. But I'm telling you, it is gonna be cause for some TESTIFYIN', and God will get ALL the glory. Seriously.

8. My husband just stopped by the couch on his way to bed and gave me a very sweet hug and kiss. That never, ever gets old.

9. You. I'm thankful for YOU, the person sitting there, looking at your monitor, wishing this post were over already. :-) Writing is great and all, but this blog wouldn't be nearly as fun for me if y'all didn't make time to read it. And comment. And email. And call. And come back day after day.

10. Sarah is going to be writing for Lisa Whelchel's website (yes! BLAIR WARNER! I KNOW!). I am so tickled for Sarah - first of all because she's one of my favorite people I've never met - and secondly because God is providing her with a ministry so uniquely geared to her gifts. If you're not reading her blog, you're missing a blessing. I just love her.

11. This person and this person and this person are all coming to visit soon. And we're going to Paula's restaurant! We are!

12. I don't have to cook for the next two nights! We're having supper at our neighbors' house tonight, then at some other friends' house tomorrow night. And I will be thrilled to death if all we have is a peanut butter and jelly sandwich - because I don't have to plan it or fix it. That makes me happy.

13. God is good. All the time.

If you're participating in TT this week, leave a comment and make sure to provide a link to your blog in the "webpage" field.

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home