Friday, June 30, 2006

You Can't Even Imagine The Horror Of It All

If I seem a little shaky this morning, it's because my husband took the computer from me during my normal writing time (while Alex is eating breakfast) and took it downstairs because we hadn't password protected our wireless network or somesuch nonsense, and yes, while I see the value in keeping everything secure so that some crafty geekazoid can't look at my hard drive while he's sitting at the end of my driveway and therefore determine once and for all if I use mayonnaise or cream cheese in my chicken and broccoli casserole, I TREASURE those few minutes of peace and quiet in the morning when Alex is trying to spear his waffle with his fork and I can actually string some words together and make sentences or even paragraphs.

At one point, when it seemed to me like I had given David AMPLE time to set up the network password thing-y, I went to the top of the stairs that go down to his office and said, "Hey. Just so you know? I'm starting to twitch up here!" He did laugh - but in a "I'm-somewhat-worried-that-we're-going-to-have-to-put-you-through-blogging-detox" sort of way. He said he'd be finished in about five minutes, so you can be proud of my restraint when, TWENTY MINUTES LATER, he finally returned the computer to its rightful place. With me.

I was planning to write about TV guilty pleasures this morning, and I had this whole angle worked out in my head about how as Christians sometimes we feel "wrong" or like we have to hide it if we get interested in some pop culture something-or-other - and how good grief we all need some entertainment every now and again and can't possibly just sit on our hands and sing "Blessed Assurance" from sun-up to sun-down - but I can't even remember everything I wanted to say right now because I don't know if I mentioned it but MY HUSBAND? HE TOOK THE COMPUTER FROM ME.

Anyway, please understand: you will never ever hear me say that I think it's okay for people to sit around and watch certain kinds of shows or movies (NO WAY I'm typing in the adjective that would describe those shows or movies...don't want those Google searches). I'm just talking about stuff you like on network television. Stuff you can watch without it becoming some sort of stumbling block. Stuff that won't hurt your marriage or damage your testimony. Just so we're clear.

So since you now know - at least if you read the comments to my post from yesterday - that I TiVo a little show about P. Diddy's search for a new all-girl band, and since we also know from those comments that Shannon TiVo'd the Britney Spears / Matt Lauer interview (HOW MUCH DO I LOVE THAT?), and Amanda and Barb have interesting favorites, too, I'm guessing that most of us have some TV guilty pleasures that we enjoy on a pretty regular basis.

Mine? "Project Runway," "24," "America's Top Model," and oh my sweet goodness "The Office."

Yours? NO JUDGMENT. I promise. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home