Friday, September 01, 2006

A Labor Day Link Love Extravaganza

We’re going out of town this weekend (ATTENTION, ALL AREA THIEVES!), and I will once again find myself at the mercy of my parents’ dial-up. I don’t know if y’all remember, but when we did the whole Tour of Homes thing I was also at my parents’ house and wrasslin' with their dial-up, and boy, that was a real, um, treat when I tried to load all my high-resolution pictures into my post.

Ahem.

It was a veritable carnival-o-frustration.

So I know better than to try to post while I’m at Mama and Daddy’s. That's all I'm sayin'.

But then, this morning, I had an idea.

WHAT IF, I thought, WHAT IF I gave people a way to attract some new readers to their blogs over the weekend – not just in the comments, but in one of my posts?

WHAT IF I did a “Best of Blogs” sort of thing – so that even if you don’t have time to post anything on this busy Labor Day weekend, you can still get some traffic because people are reading stuff that's new to them?

WHAT IF, instead of a Tour of Homes, we have a spontaneous little Tour of Blogs?

So here’s the deal.

At the end of this post, you’ll see a Mr. Linky thingy. If you want to participate, enter your name and link to a SPECIFIC POST. Not to your whole blog – to a specific post. Pick the post that you think best exemplifies your writing – whether it’s funny or serious or touching or, you know, a grocery list.

The only qualification is that your post be family friendly, and by “family friendly” I mean no abundance of bad language, no links to inappropriate material, no writing that’s inflammatory or derogatory toward another person.

As my mama would say, “Just use the sense that the good Lord gave you.”

And I reserve the right to remove any link. If you don’t like that rule, I'm just as sorry as I can be.

Whether there are four or forty of you who participate, I think it’ll be fun. I love the thought of being able to surf through some new blogs instead of having to post to my own this weekend. And a practical benefit, of course, is that you can get a steady flow of bloggy traffic for little-to-no-effort. In other words: it's a win/win.

Just for kicks, you could also link to someone else's post that you think is a must-read - just make sure to leave a comment and take credit for leaving the link if you do.

Y’all have fun – and link away!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home