Monday, August 28, 2006

Just Because It's My Church And I Like It

Two quick things going on at my church that might interest some of you who work in ministry, or some of you whose husbands work in ministry, or some of you who just like to read about ministry (and well, since as believers we're ALL in ministry, I guess this is for everyone): :-)

1) Yesterday's sermon - click on the MP3 file for 8/27/06. It is a bold proclamation - especially in our current culture - about why God's Word should always be the center of our worship. It'll make you squirm a little bit - at least it did me - because it's STRONG, and that's a good thing (another post to follow on the fact that we had NO MUSIC ON PURPOSE yesterday, and OH MY SWEET GOODNESS I was a nervous wreck for the first 10 minutes). :-)

2) I think this is one of the coolest ideas evah - and nothing comfortable about it. Click around and look at all the links - who said a 28 year old senior pastor at a megachurch can't bring it on? :-)

And y'all really don't have to comment on this post...I'm just providing the links because some of you might be interested. Y'all are so sweet that you comment even if I say "corn" and nothing else - but don't feel obligated. Really. Just enjoy the links.

I'll be back in a little while with another post because I don't know if I mentioned it or not but WE DIDN'T HAVE MUSIC AT CHURCH YESTERDAY!*

See y'all in a bit.

*And much to my surprise, it was a good thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home