Thursday, August 24, 2006

Thursday Thirteen


Thirteen Things That Have Brightened My Week

1. Alex waking up from his nap, looking at me, grabbing my face with both of his little hands and saying, “HEY SWEET THING. I MISSED YOU.”

2. "Project Runway" - it’s the fastest moving 60 minutes on television, and watching creative people in action makes me happy.

3. Keeping secrets. I love keeping secrets. However, there is one VERY exciting secret that I won’t have to keep for much longer. Well, actually, I don't have to keep it a secret right now, or else I wouldn't have given you that hint, but I DO want to have just the right words for it when I finally tell the tale(and don’t even ask me if I’m pregnant. I couldn’t be less pregnant if I tried).

4. This post of Lori’s – which made me laugh out loud.

5. This post of Big Mama’s – which also made me laugh out loud.

6. Tonight I’m going to a recipe swap. With a bunch of girls. And we’ll get to eat samples of the recipes. And talk a whole bunch with no kids around. Can you tell I’m excited?

7. The new camera came in today...and I am like a kid at Christmas. I didn't get the SLR - it just seemed like more than I could handle. So here's the winner.

8. Emails from Sarah. Always late at night, always funny, and always encouraging.

9. Alex was coming up the basement stairs a few nights ago, and he fell and busted his lip. Once we got all the blood cleaned up and he calmed down, he looked at me with those big blue eyes and said, “Mama. I ate my lip.” And then he threw his head on my shoulder and cried while my heart exploded into millions of tiny pieces.

10. A friend of ours started a blog. It has something to do with #3. Soon – very soon – there will be much linkage for you to enjoy.

11. In the mornings, if you tilt your head just right, you can sense a hint of fall in the air. Just a hint. And only for a second. But it’s there.

12. HolyMama! posted a link to this video a couple of weeks ago – and it cracks me up so much that I can’t quit watching it. I’ve tried, but I can’t. Intervention, anyone?



13. Philippians 2:1-7 and Philippians 3:7-11 - seems like I can't read these two verses enough lately. As our pastor likes to say: "The Word is gooood." :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home