Monday, September 04, 2006

Preserving Truth, Justice And The American Way

In the I-couldn't-make-this-up-if-I-wanted-to-department, last night, in my dream, Antique Mommy and I foiled a terrorist plot.

Oh yeah we did.

I think we were successful because of our collective love for the short, choppy sentence combined with our deep and abiding affection for all things David Sedaris - who, I believe, would be simply delighted - albeit a bit disturbed - by his role as the unlikely catalyst for uniting a crime-fighting team.

And just so you know? AM and I stopped cars in the middle of a crowded road and FLIPPED THEM OVER.

Oh yeah we did.

So, dear readers, you can rest easy this Labor Day. Though dangers lurk in corners seen and unseen, Antique Mommy and I are ready and able to protect you and your family from evildoers.

And if our mad kah-RAH-tay skills don't work, we can always go to plan B: Southern charm. With a little sarcasm thrown in for effect, of course.

By the way, if you're wondering what convinced my subconscious that AM was the obvious other half to my dreamland terrorist-foiling duo, you need only look at this post.

The picture may not be her, but that's a superhero cape if I ever saw one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home