Wednesday, October 11, 2006

A List Is All I've Got To Give

1. The "Project Runway" season finale is (not) tonight (I stand corrected - it's next week), and my excitement knows no bounds. I guess that's not saying a whole lot, because I'm a person who gets excited about, say, a new brand of salad dressing, so you'll just have to trust me when I tell you that I regard tonight as a Television Event (even if it's not the finale, it's still an Event), and as such I made a celebratory pot of chili because if there's one thing fashion designers love, it's chili.

Okay. Maybe not.

But still.

2. Today's "Oprah" segment about life in North Korea was shocking to me. Shocking. Good grief I live in a bubble.

3. I'm really behind on email again. If you've sent me a note in the last week or so and I haven't answered you, please forgive me...but the house stuff and the work stuff and the all-Alex-all-the-time stuff have left me precious little time for the email stuff. I'm in the process of trying to catch up.

4. Last night? On "Dancing With The Stars"? How adorable was Emmitt Smith?

So adorable. BEYOND adorable, in fact.

I love him.

5. This afternoon when I picked up Alex from Mother's Day Out (his very favorite place in the whole wide world with the exception of The Coke And Donut Palace, also known as my parents' house), I got him all settled in the back seat and cranked the car.

We had just started out of the parking lot when he said, "Mama? I missed you!"

I'll pause for a moment so that you can wipe away the tears. And then say, "Awwww."

Seriously, I double dog dare you to try to be in a bad mood one little teensy bit when a three year old says those words to you.

It's just not possible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home