Saturday, February 04, 2006

It's Saturday Night

As always, it's a terribly lively Saturday evening in our household, which means that David is reading, I am writing, and Alex is talking and playing with trains. It's a glamorous existence, y'all. A few notes from the fast lane:

1. I am happy to tell you that once the weather finally made up its mind to GET COLD, ALREADY, satan's sinus pressure of doom let up a little bit and I am now able to open my left eye completely again. As a result, I have quit fantasizing about medieval pain remedies, and the phrase "What you need is a good bleeding" has ceased running on a constant loop in my mind.

2. Alex enjoyed his Cheetos snack this afternoon, as you can see. Don't let Mama see this picture, or she'll hop in the car and drive the 2 1/2 hours over here for no other reason than to wipe his mouth. Me? Not so much.

3. Alex and Maggie, our lab, have had a bit of a contentious relationship in the past. Something about Alex wanting to pull Maggie's tail and Maggie wanting Alex to disappear forever. But they've turned a corner in the last month or so, and last Sunday I posted some pictures of Alex filling Maggie's bowl with food (which, by the way, is now his favorite activity in the whole wide world aside from talking non-stop and then screaming when he's not talking). Long story long, this morning Alex and I were leaving to go to the grocery store, and as Alex was walking out of the kitchen he looked back and said, "I love you, Maggie! See you later!" So I think those two are going to be just fine.

4. The Blogger site has been cuckoo this weekend. I shan't enumerate the problems for fear of skyrocketing blood pressure, so suffice it to say that I have been frustrated. I know that if I were a more patient person I would see the outages as "a challenge" or "an opportunity for growth," but, you know, I'm not. And I don't.

5. Today was the 1,000th page view at BooMama, which means the tens of you have been some pretty active readers over the last month. I believe, though I am not certain, that the 1,000th click was perpetrated by someone in Nashville - which means fabulous prizes for my sister and BIL. Rotissierie chicken and cottage cheese for all! As Eddie in National Lampoon's Vacation would say, "Nothin' but the best...."

6. David told me today that he feels this blogging thing is the perfect hobby for me because it enables my OCD to thrive. I have "thriving" OCD? I do believe I've been insulted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home