Monday, June 12, 2006

Is "Blogcation" A Word?

It's always surprising to me - though it shouldn't surprise me at all - that summer can get away from me if I'm not careful. Our "lazy days" with no plans quickly turn into a calendar filled with playdates, and commitments, and projects, and trips. Because I constantly battle busy-ness, sometimes I have to deliberately slow down, take stock, and breathe.

There are a couple of things coming up at church, and I need to plan. I need some uninterrupted time with Alex (the child? At Plattapalooza? Not a fan of waiting in line or taking turns. We need to work on that). I need to sit on my front porch and drink diet Coke and watch the moon creep up over the trees. I need to hang out with my husband without trying to fold laundry or make lists or blog at the same time.

In short, I need to get away from this computer for a couple of days. A girl can't keep up the pace of posting sixteen times a day without an occasional break, you know. :-)

I'll see y'all Wednesday-ish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home