Friday, October 13, 2006

The Look May Be New, But The Content Is Still Mediocre

Last night, in an act of total bloggy spontanaiety, I found some illustrations I liked on istockphoto, downloaded them, and asked my hubby to work his Photoshop / Illustrator magic. He created my new banner while he was EATING A BOWL OF CHILI, so it's a tender memory, the revamping of the blawg.

I also changed the color on the sides, and to do this I used the widely respected design method of looking at the previous color number on my template (it was 692), and then trying 100, 200, 300, 400, etc. and just seeing what I ended up with. I went through several variations of brown, then decided I'd try the number 450 (I'm telling you, it was a terribly methodical process), and what do you know? 450 was a nice forest green and exactly what I wanted.

Also, you may have stopped by last night when the sides of the blog were orange, and if so, I apologize. I hope you didn't awaken your family with your cries of "MY EYES! MY EYES!"

The orange was a little, um, loud.

So if you'll excuse me, I have to leave for an appointment with an insurance adjustor regarding The Unfortunate Deer Incident. It promises to be loads of fun with all the talk of bumpers and frames and grills...I'll be sure to fill you in on all the Exciting Details when I return.

Happy Fall, everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home