Friday Fifteen Minus Six
1. One of you science-type people needs to conduct a study on what would no doubt be called The McDreamy Effect. Because just like phone usage shoots to its highest level on Mother's Day, phone calls and emails - at least on my end of the world - seem to drop to all-time lows between the hours of 8:00 and 9:00 CST on Thursday nights.
You don't call, you don't write....
2. And I may be a little late to this particular interweb party, but did y'all know that you can watch full episodes of your favorite ABC shows (assuming that last phrase isn't an oxymoron) FOR FREE? By going here? I had no idea. I don't watch a single one of the shows they have listed, but now that I can watch them on the interweb FOR FREE, I just might have to start.
3. A few weeks ago I got an email from Folger's - and I know some of you other bloggers did, too - asking me if I'd try a new product of theirs. I agreed. I was expecting to receive three single-serving samples, sort of like what you might see in your hotel room next to a little 4-cup coffee pot. But a couple of days ago the coffee arrived, and I had not one, not two, but THREE full-sized packages of the New Coffee Product. Haven't tried them yet - but tickled to death by the Free Stuff.
4. Our house is eerily quiet without Alex running around. Something tells me that my mama and daddy are having a completely different experience right about now since our little Chatty McTalkerson is staying with them.
5. My to-do list for today and the rest of the weekend is ginormous. Our house won't officially go on the market until next week, but OH MY WORD at the work we have to do. Oh my word.
6. Even though we have tons of work to do, I am happy happy happy that David and I will have a whole weekend to ourselves. It'll be like a little vacation at home. A vacation where we get to paint trim and put out pinestraw and plant pansies and I'm really not using any of those phrases as a euphemism. I'm being quite literal.
7. My TiVo is going to explode, I fear, with the sheer volume of unwatched programming that it's storing. I haven't watched anything all week long - not even my beloved "Dancing With The Stars" - so hopefully I can watch it today while I make my way through the list-o-chores.
8. Yesterday an elderly gentleman was telling me something I thought he intended to be funny, so I laughed, but he was actually being quite serious and not wanting a laugh at all, and when I think back on the sheer awkwardness of it all (David and our realtor were there to witness my cringe-worthy performance), I really think it would have been preferable if the floor had just opened up and swallowed me whole.
However, David seems to enjoy being able to tease me with comments like "before you insulted the elderly gentleman" and "when you laughed at the man who was telling you that his brother died," so I guess in the interest of comedy, it was all worthwhile.
9. I'm off to organize closets now!